The RB range of external electrical enclosures was initially developed with the street lighting and highways industries in mind; however, their highly flexible, modular design means they are suitable as enclosures for protecting electrical and/or electronic equipment in the most inhospitable external environments. Fabricated from stainless steel grade 4003 powder coated (as standard), 304 and 316 grades as requested.
Features and Benefits
- Stainless steel external enclosures
- 4003 Powder Coated, 304 and 316 grade
- Options include shelves, racking, lights, temperature control
- Standard range stocked
- We can manufacture to your specified dimensions
RB Cabinet Dimensions
|Enclosure||Width (mm)||Depth (mm)||Max. Height (mm)||Backboard (mm)||No. of Doors||Weight (kg)|
|RB460||460||260||1125*||930 x 405||single||32|
|RB600||600||330||1125*||930 x 545||single||41|
|RB800||800||380||1125*||930 x 745||single||56|
|RB1000||1000||380||1125*||930 x 945||single||62|
|RB1250||1250||430||1125*||930 x 1195||double||85|
|RB1550||1550||430||1125*||930 x 1495||double||95|
* Height excluding plinth of 300 mm; 2° slope to the back of the cabinet.
The RB Cabinets can be supplied with an optional, detachable plinth which is installed in the ground before fastening the enclosures down. Alternatively, these external electrical enclosures can be fixed down to any hard, flat surface, without the plinth.
RB Cabinet Standard Finishes
- Stainless steel, powder coated finish as standard in 4003 grade of stainless steel.
- Natural, metal finish is available from a higher grade of steel (304 and 316 grade).
- Four standard paint colours to suit typical urban and rural environments.
- Black: RAL 9005 Gloss Black
- Dark Green: BS4800 14 C40 Gloss Green
- Light Grey: BS381C 631 Light Grey Gloss
- Dark Grey: BS381C 632 Dark Grey Gloss
Powder coated at no extra cost (available for all grades of stainless steel 4003, 304 and 316). Standard, 4003 grade of stainless steel is always powder coated to provide the best performance and quality finish. If left unpainted, the 4003 grade of stainless steel develops a patina, soft staining of the material. It won’t rust, however, this is not the desired finish for our product so we always powder coat all our enclosures made from our standard 4003 grade of stainless steel.
RB Cabinet Lock Alternatives
The RB Cabinets are supplied with tri-key operated cam-locks as standard. Other lock options available:
- Pin hex camlock
- Key operated stainless steel camlock
- Three-point locking with padlocking L handle and shroud
- Hasp, staple and shroud
RB Cabinet Internal Accessory Kits
A feature of the RB Cabinet is that the internal, modular design permits the fitting of a range of extra equipment, from shelves and racks to climate control equipment etc. This means that cabinets with extra features don’t have to be specially made – reducing lead times and cost.
The kits can be supplied loose, pre-installed, or ordered and retrofitted at a later date.
- Shelf kit (inc. mounting brackets and required number of shelves)
- 19” rack unit (fixed and swing frame available)
- Cooling fan kit (including louvre filters)
- Heater kit
- Internal light kit
- Consumer unit 6-way
- Double Socket
- Other electrical components are available, please enquire further.
Download the RB Cabinet Data Sheet for more detailed information on the RB range.
Contact us if you require a different colour, lock or internal accessory options.
RB Cabinet Design
Block hinges are often needed by the highways industry for their extra strength, to make door removal easier and for > 180-degree opening. To address these requirements we developed a new hinge system which had all of these benefits but without the unsightly cutouts in the door and/or body of the cabinet.
We believe that the door: body interface on our RB cabinets adds even more to the superior appearance of our stainless steel enclosures. And this is without any functional compromise, as the mechanical properties of the cabinets have been improved too.
Lighter weight than its galvanised counterpart without compromising on durability.
The RB Cabinets can be supplied with an optional detachable plinth which is installed in the ground before fastening the enclosures down. Alternatively, these external electrical enclosures can be fixed down to any hard, flat surface, without the plinth.
As we manufacture our stainless steel enclosures ourselves, we can easily adapt our cabinet designs to whatever dimensions you need. Please give us a ring or drop us a line if you want to discuss custom sizes.