Product Selection and Fitting Instructions
For meter box repair you will need the following information:
- The dimensions of the damaged GRP box at the wall. The width and height at the wall, and the depth from the wall should be all that you will require. If necessary, print off the data sheet “How to measure a meter box” before you go to measure the box.
- Is it a gas or electric meter box?
- Select the type of box from the list in the table, compare the dimensions and choose from the available door and frames depending on your preference for standard or front fixing.
- If your dimensions do not appear in the table, please contact us.
Fitting all the Ritherdon door and frame units is quite straight forward requiring only a few simple tools and basic DIY skills.
Now best-sellers when it comes to repairing damaged glass fibre (GRP) meter boxes, the key features of our meter box covers, and what makes them so cost effective are:
- Designed to slide over and fix onto a box even with a damaged frame (i.e. where it is impossible simply to fit a new door);
- A much more secure alternative to replacing damaged doors with more GRP (particularly safer for gas supplies in void properties);
- Faster to fit (~5-15 min) than having to replace a whole meter box (~half a day plus several hundred pounds connection fee).
- Plus, there’s no need to have the meter disconnected and reconnected by the utility company, which is where the biggest time and cost saving can be.
So, as the Ritherdon door and frame unit covers all the old GRP with powder-coated steel, you have a much better looking and secure meter box, after just a few minutes work.
We supply all models in the range with screws and bushes for installation, and each unit comes complete with a long-reach, easy-to-handle plastic key. Installation can be completed in a matter of minutes using the choice of fixing holes provided. See the demonstration video at the bottom of the page.
The Ritherdon range of Doors and Frames are all fitted with the preferred soft-spring slam locks to facilitate closing the doors without the need to re-use the key.